Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are among some of the most painful and debilitating injuries that can occur. Burn injuries can range from minor to severe, and even deadly. If not treated with the proper medical care, burn injuries can worsen quickly, leaving disfiguring scars and lifelong impairments. If you have suffered a burn injury due to another party’s negligence or misconduct, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
At the Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, our team is highly skilled in representing burn injury victims. We understand that dealing with the repercussions of a burn injury is never easy; however, we are here to help alleviate your legal stresses and ensure that you are compensated fairly and help you get the medical treatment you need and deserve.
There are many types of burn injuries that can occur from different sources, ranging from minor to severe, and even life-threatening. Some of the most common burn injuries involve:
- Electrical burns: Electrical burns can occur when an individual comes into contact with live electricity. When this happens, the electricity can cause serious damage to the victim. Unlike many other types of burns, electrical burns damage underneath the skin, otherwise known as sub-dermal damage. If the electrical burn is severe, it can result in organ damage as well. Electrical burns can also cause a victim to suffer from a heart attack or brain damage.
- Thermal burns: Thermal burns are caused from contact with fire or a flame and can result in damage to multiple layers of skin. The severity of damage depends on multiple factors, including the type, temperature, and the amount of time the victim was in contact with the fire or flame.
- Chemical burns: Chemical burns occur due to the misuse of chemicals that could be from a number of different products, such as household cleaners, beauty products and more. Chemical burns result from the strong acids in products, which can cause damage immediately upon contact.
- Radiation burns: Radiation burns most often occur in the workplace and can happen to individuals who work around radiation or to those who have radiation exposure due to cancer treatment or other medical uses of radiation. A radiation burn can cause damage to the skin or other tissues and organs.
- Burns from hot liquids: Burns from hot liquids, otherwise known as scald burns can range from mild to severe, and even life-threatening. These types of burns can occur due to handling hot liquids, cooking-related accidents, and more.
Contact a Burn Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you have suffered a burn injury, it is imperative that you speak with a burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, our team is highly experienced in representing burn injury victims. Contact our team today for a free consultation!