If you have been involved in a truck accident, then you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. At The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, our team is highly skilled in handling truck accident cases and know what it takes to get the settlement you deserve. To learn more about how our truck accident attorney can help you, contact us today for a free consultation.
Large trucks, such as 18-wheelers and semis are one of the leading causes of traffic-related deaths in the United States. Because trucks are significantly larger in weight and size, and they are much more difficult to maneuver, the repercussions of a truck accident can be extremely serious, and even fatal. Large trucks are almost guaranteed to crush smaller vehicles in the event of an accident. It is important to be extremely cautious on the roadway when trucks are around to potentially avoid an accident from happening; however, sometimes avoiding something such as this can be totally out of your control.
Truck accidents are much different than car accidents. Aside from the severity of a truck accident, there are also many complexities involved when it comes to determining liability. Therefore, it is always best to consult with a trusted truck accident lawyer to ensure your rights are protected and you have the best legal help possible.
At The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, our team is highly skilled and experienced in handling truck accidents. Whether it is an 18-wheeler, semi-truck, or smaller truck, we have the knowledge necessary to ensure a victory for your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident caused by another, then it is best to consult with an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible to protect your best interests. Our team offers free consultation and works on a contingency fee basis, which means if we don’t win, you don’t owe us a thing. With that being said, you have nothing to lose by contacting our firm, as there are no up-front or hidden fees when working with us. To learn more about how our knowledgeable team can help you through this difficult time, contact us today for a free consultation!
Damages Recoverable in a Truck Accident Claim
In a truck accident, victims are often left with serious repercussions, resulting in many losses. However, our goal is to recover damages for victims, which include:
- Lost wages: Compensation for lost wages is one of the damages in a personal injury case that can be awarded if the plaintiff had to miss work because of the injury or because he or she had to receive treatment. If the plaintiff was able to take vacation time or sick time, he or she would still be compensated for the loss of the paid time off (PTO).
- Loss of future income: If the plaintiff has been unable to work permanently due to their injuries, then he or she may receive compensation for loss of future income that they would have made had they not been injured.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is considering non-economic damages, which are the more subjective effects of the accident and injuries, including, physical pain caused by the accident, physical discomfort resulting from treatment, mental anguish, fatigue, anxiety and other psychological effects of the accident.
- Emotional distress: If an accident has impacted the plaintiff's mental health, then a claim for emotional distress may be possible. Typically, this type of damage is proven through diagnosis and/or treatment by a medical provider.
- Property damage: In an accident, the plaintiff may be entitled to compensation for property damage, which includes damage to your vehicle, personal belongings, and more.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death claims are brought by the family members of the victim who was killed. There are many damages recoverable in a wrongful death claim, including, the victim’s pre-death “pain and suffering,” medical bills incurred prior to the victim’s death, funeral/burial costs, loss of the deceased person’s income, value of services the victim would have provided, and loss of care, guidance, and nurturing the victim would have provided.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident caused by another, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Our experienced team is here to help you with your case from start to finish, to ensure that you are awarded the full and fair settlement you deserve for your losses. Feel free to contact us today to speak to a skilled truck accident lawyer.
Common Injuries in a Truck Accident
There are many types of injuries victims can suffer in a truck accident. Oftentimes, injuries sustained in a truck accident are severe; however, if the victim is lucky, they can range from minor to mild injuries. Some of the most common injuries suffered from a truck accident include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries in a truck accident can result in an injury to the brain, which can be life-altering. Brain injuries can occur even when there is no direct impact to the head, which can result in whiplash or rapid acceleration and deceleration.
- Internal injuries: Blunt trauma from an accident can cause internal bleeding to organs, such as the bladder, kidney, liver, and more.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis: Spinal cord injuries are extremely serious and can lead to paralysis depending on the severity. Because these types of injuries aren’t always immediately apparent, it is extremely important to get a medical exam.
- Neck injuries: Truck collisions can easily result in neck injuries due to rapid acceleration and deceleration. Neck injuries can include whiplash, herniated discs, neck features, and more.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are common in truck accidents, as the impact of a truck is extremely powerful.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations caused by a truck accident can be extremely painful, resulting in scars that may never heal.
- Wrongful death: Truck accidents are more likely to kill victims than a regular car accident. If your loved one has been killed due to a negligent driver, it is important to seek legal help immediately.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident caused by the negligence of another, it is imperative that you seek legal help from a reputable truck accident attorney as soon as possible. When it comes to truck accidents, it is extremely important to seek help sooner rather than later because preserving evidence relevant to your case is paramount. In addition, these types of cases are far more complex in comparison to other types of accidents, as truck accidents involve several different parties. To learn more about how our team can help you, feel free to reach out to us today for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Unfortunately, there are many common causes of truck accidents. And in fact, many truck accidents are caused by driver error, which include but are not limited to:
- Fatigue: Truck drivers are often overworked and drive many hours without rest breaks in between. This is often caused by the owners of truck companies who have a high demand in a short period of time. Therefore, many truck drivers are under a lot of pressure to make certain deadlines.
- Alcohol and drug use: Many truck drivers have been found guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, which results in their driving to be impaired and consequently, causing accidents.
- Poor driver training: Before truck drivers are able to operate commercial vehicles on the road, they are required to put in a certain number of training hours and meet certain requirements. Although it is required, not all truck drivers meet these requirements and may get behind the wheel with inadequate experience.
- Truck maintenance: Although truck owners are required to ensure their trucks receive the proper maintenance before hitting the road, this isn’t always the case due to costs and time it takes to maintain the trucks.
- Overspeeding: Due to poor weather conditions, traffic, and other factors, many truck drivers drive over the speed limit to meet certain deadlines so they do not have to worry about being fired. In addition, speeding reduces the ability for reaction time. For instance, traffic may result in the need to break immediately; however, with high speeds, this is impossible, especially with trucks.
- Overtaking: Overtaking the road by truck can result in serious repercussions, and often leads to fatal accidents.
- Distracted driving: Driving long hours often results in truck drivers to become bored, which may result in them texting and driving, using their phones for games or social media, eating, changing the radio station, and other distractions. These small distractions can result in serious accidents.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, it is best to consult with a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our team will be able to investigate the circumstances of the case to determine liability, deal with the trucking companies and owners, insurance companies, and many other complex legal issues that come with truck accidents. You can count on our highly experienced team to provide you with the guidance you need during this time. It is our job to handle the many stresses of an accident, so you can focus on recovering. In addition, we work with doctors on a lien and we will schedule appointments to get you the care you need with our highly regarded network of doctors. With that being said, you have nothing to lose by contacting our team, as we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that there are no upfront or hidden fees--we only get paid if we win your case! Feel free to contact our team today for a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer.