White Collar Crimes
Trusted Legal Defense Criminal Lawyers Chicago Illinois
White collar crimes are non-violent crimes that are aggressively prosecuted in the state of Illinois. These crimes often involve deception and are committed by financially motivated individuals in pursuit of monetary gain. While white collar crimes do not necessarily involve acts of physical violence, the threat to society and the cost usually incurred on the public as a result of these offenses was enough to make legislators crack down on the related penalties. Legislators created new federal laws that could potentially mean a life prison term for a person convicted of certain white collar crimes.
If you have been arrested for any white collar crime, you need to contact our Chicago criminal defense attorney from The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, PLLC as soon as possible to retain aggressive and experienced legal representation.
Experienced Representation for Financial Crimes
Here are some examples of cases that we’ve handled:
- Represented a client accused of violating the Arms Export Control Act.
- Represented a political appointee accused of public corruption. We beat the public corruption charge.
- Represented a client accused of export violations and wire fraud.
- Represented a client accused of complex mortgage fraud and immigration fraud
- Represented a corporation accused of violating USDA export regulation.
Common White Collar Crimes
While there are numerous types of white collar crime offenses, some of the most commonly prosecuted are:
- Financial crimes: Financial crimes can include anything from bribing a person with a monetary settlement in order to receive a desired outcome to money laundering, counterfeiting of federal notes, and insider trading.
- Fraud: Fraud is defined as any intentional deception of a person that is used by the alleged perpetrator in an attempt to receive monetary gain or deceive another person.
These two commonly charged crimes, as well as other white collar criminal offenses, need to be handled immediately by competent legal counsel. A few other examples other offenses that can be categorized as white collar crimes include forgery, bribery, conspiracy and RICO offenses, cybercrimes, identity theft, and copyright infringement, health care fraud, and mortgage fraud.
Working with Criminal Lawyers Chicago Illinois
At The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, PLLC, Attorney Faraj has years of legal experience helping clients secure positive outcomes for their cases. Furthermore, he has been given an Avvo rating of 10.0 Superb as a criminal defense and litigation attorney, and he also received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in criminal defense in 2012.
If you or a loved one has been arrested for a white collar crime and now face prosecution and severe penalties, then you need to immediately retain the representation of The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, PLLC. If you have questions or concerns regarding your situation, do not hesitate to contact the firm and schedule a free case evaluation with our trusted Chicago criminal defense attorney. If you are convicted, you could potentially incur lengthy federal prison time. It absolutely imperative that you work with Attorney Haytham Faraj as soon as possible!